District Red Cross Society Una
RED CROSS SOCIETY, UNA
Prior to 1994 the Distt. Red Cross Society was run by the Health Department under the Chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner Una and Chief Medical Officer being its Honorary Secretary. After 1994 in order to gear up its activities all the activies of the Distt. Red Cross Society are run and conducted by the Distt. Administration instead of the Health Department.
FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF RED CROSS
- Voluntary Service
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF RED CROSS
- Relief in situations of disasters.
- Maternity and Child Welfare.
- Financial aid to poor patients.
- Community Services.
- Blood Donation Camps.
- Beti Bachao Beti Padao awareness camp.
- Laboratory facilities.
- Physiotherapy Centre.
- Free Medical Checkup Camp and Aid/Appliances to the Disabled Persons
- X-ray films to Hospital.
- First Aid Course.
- Hospital Welfare section
Check the overall cleanliness at Zonal Hospital Una and extends financial assistance and help to the poor patients and their attendant. Also generate funds for extending the above welfare activities.
Under the noble and able leadership of Deputy Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner to Deputy Commissioner, Una, being its Chairman and Secretary respectively of Distt. Red Cross Society, Una have galvanized the whole structure and functioning at all level involving all sub Divisions, Blocks, Panchayats, Mahila Manadals, Schools and other Volunteers organizations etc. to motivate peopled of their respective areas and contribute generously to the Red Cross fund to enhance its financial resources and utilize the same for the redressal of the grievances and agonies of the poor and needy people.
Branches of District Red Cross Society have been made fuctional at sub division level. SDM’s have been authorized to grant financial assistance to needy from sub division branches. People having annual income up to 50,000/- per annum are eligible to get assistance from DRCS UNA.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION
Public Information Officer:
Assistant Commissioner to Deputy Commissioner-cum
Secretary, Distt. Red Cross Society,O/o Deputy Commissioner, Una (HP)
Cum-Chairman, Distt. Red Cross Society,
Una (HP) Phone: 01975-225800
New initiative under taken by the Distt. Red Cross Society, Una
- Ladies Gymnasium (exclusively for ladies)
- District Red Cross Society, UNA has decided to strengthen the Junior and Youth Red Cross. Directions for the constitution of Junior and Youth red cross have been given to all Schools and Collages of this district for the Financial Year 2022-23.
District Red Cross Society will provide an amount of Rs. 1,000/- Per group in the year to start their activities. The activities of such groups till 31-5-2023 shall be evaluated by District Red Cross Society and three Junior Red Cross groups and Youth Red Cross groups will be awarded with following awards.
- First Prize : 20,000/- & Certificate
- Second Prize : 10,000/- & Certificate
- Third Prize : 5000/- & Certificate
- 10 Consolation Prizes of Rs. 1,000/- each & Certificate